The Codex Progect: 101

Go down

The Codex Progect: 101

Post by Nathan on Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 am

So I am working on converting an admec army and after looking threw the rules I have found that non perfectly capture the essence of the Machine Cult. The closest I could find where ether the imperial guard or the Tau. However I think that together as a community we could make a codex by editing the rules of either one or more codex's.

Base codex options
Tau Empire: Long range, high strength and very mobile. Not very tough or imperial
Imperial Guard: Tank heavy, lots of guns and well organized. Low Tech, low everything, OOOP.
Necrons: Powerfully close range, lots of tech. overly alien, all skimmers.

Each have there advantages but I think it would be cool to (as a group) edit one of the other codex's. What are you inital thoughts on this project? Should we add more flesh to Necrons, more metal to Tau or more buffs to IG?

Let me know so we can start codex ADMEC
Nathan
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Re: The Codex Progect: 101

Post by Nathan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Ok so first is the Magos. A HQ choice that is similar to both a commissar and a Necron lord.

Special rules:
Bionics: Gains the feel no pain USR and adds +1 to Strenth and toughness (Included in profile)
Machine Mind: Grants the stuborn USR
Malfuntion code: Any unit the Magos joins that fails its morale check will be deemed to be malfunctioning. The Magos deactivates the units leader for later mind wiping and repair. The units leader is removed from play & the test is rerolled using the Magos LD

~A dedicated transport similar to a Necron command barge
~Bionics being more akin to the 3ED Bionics rules

Any more thoughts or suggestions?
Nathan
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 pm

First of all, this is kinda fun to see.

I agree with making Bionics more of the 3rd edition style, simply slapping on a USR is not very characterful, even if it generally does what you'd expect. You are creating your own Codex, start making up some rules that might see universal use within the codex itself.

Will all units in this Codex have Bionics? If so, make sure all these units will play out balanced with it.

Another Codex Special Rule might be that certain units can "repair" any units equipt with bionics (which of course may be every unit in this book) Perhaps this takes the form of being able to "heal" wounds off of guys, or even... dare I say ressurect some?

Basically, what I 'm getting at is add the flavour of your idea to the Codex as a whole, and not just each individual. Make the unique playstyle to be because you are using the book with any possible build, and not just the few units that are flavourful to the playstyle.

Just my 3 cents....
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Adding increased armour to the tau would help,like raising the armour save from 4+ to 3+ or even 2+ on elites
Sage
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name:
UPP:
Service:

http://lutafiskpage.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content